Sessions will be held October 23, 2023 - January 25, 2024
We are excited to announce our 2023 Virtual Tax Update and Review Webinar lineup, and you will be happy to see it includes material that you might not otherwise expect!
- A meaningful portion of the seminar will include the preparation of trust (1041) returns, something our students have been requesting.
- Also covered will be the new Federal Trade Commission (FTC) “Safeguard Rules” which apply to accountants and tax preparers.
- Additionally, included in the agenda will be the 2021 Corporate Transparency Act provision effective January 1, 2024, that requires businesses such as corporations, LLCs or similar entities created by filing documents with a Secretary of State or similar office to report beneficial ownership with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). Just like FBAR reporting, which is also administered by FinCEN, this new requirement includes draconian penalties for failing to make the required report.
- Learn the details of the new energy credits:
- New electric vehicles.
- Used electric vehicles.
- Expanded and more taxpayer-friendly credit for energy efficient home modifications with the lifetime limit replaced with a substantial annual limit.
- Extended and modified solar credit.
- Understand the wage & apprenticeship requirements that are the responsibility of taxpayers, not contractors, to qualify for the many energy credits, including energy efficient home modifications.
- Includes the multitude of SECURE 2.0 Act changes affecting IRA and qualified retirement plans effective in 2023 and future years, along with technical correction legislation expected to pass Congress soon.
- Proposed Regulations for beneficiary distributions.
- A new credit for employers of military spouses.
- As always, a review and update of key tax preparation issues.
- And of course, any new tax legislation passed by Congress. Should any late, year-end legislation be enacted after our Webinar, we will include a complimentary webinar covering those changes.
After attending the webinar, the student will be ready to prepare individual 2023 tax returns. The course will fine-tune the skills of practitioners who wish to provide their clients with superior preparation and planning services. This course is a must for serious Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), Enrolled Agents (EAs), IRS Tax Professionals, and California Registered Tax Preparers (CRTPs).
- 16-hour CPE Tax Update and Review Webinar - Broken down into eight 2-hour sessions. You can take each session when it is convenient for you in the comfort of your home or office.
- The highly respected 1,300+ page Big Book of Taxes 365, webinar edition.
- PDF file of the PowerPoints from all the sessions.
- Q & A monitored by our team of tax subject experts with direct responses to those posting the questions.
What we will cover: This 16-hour 8-part recorded webinar will cover everything you need to prepare for the 2023 tax season. Send questions to our instructor directly from the Learning Center.
The webinar agenda will, of course, include all of the changes brought about from the myriad of recent tax legislation. As usual, other troublesome areas of tax preparation will be reviewed as well, so you will come away fully ready to tackle 2023 tax returns.
As with any normal year, there will be court cases, revenue rulings, revenue procs, new regulations, Chief Counsel Rulings, and legislation changes, all of which we will cover through our webinars.
We have tackled all of the major issues head-on, as we have updated our Big Book of Taxes with all of the new law. The highly-rated PDF is available to all webinar attendees and includes over 1,300 pages of tax update and review. The Big Book of Taxes is a time-saving reference year-round.
CPE Hours: Federal Taxation = 16 CPE Credits
Note: 4 hours will qualify for Federal Tax Update.
- Accreditation: CTEC, IRS, Enrolled Agents, NASBA-QAS CPAs
- Field of Study: Federal Taxation
- Publication Dates: October 2023
- Instructional Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparation: Overview of Federal Income Taxation or comparable knowledge. No advance preparation needed.
Click on Step 1 of EACH lesson and register for a webcast time. After you register for each individual lesson, you will receive a confirmation email. Ensure that you schedule ALL 8 lessons. Please make sure you save the event on your calendar. In addition, you can add your cell number when you register to receive a reminder text before the event.
We offer the webcast in both Pacific and Eastern time based on the scheduled times listed below.
MONDAY (Pacific and Eastern Time)
Lesson 1 - 8 AM - 9:40 AM PT
Lesson 2 - 10 AM - 11:40 AM PT
Lesson 3 - 1:00 PM - 2:40 PM PT
Lesson 4 - 3 PM - 4:40 PM PT
TUESDAY (Pacific and Eastern Time)
Lesson 5 - 8 AM - 9:40 AM PT
Lesson 6 - 10 AM - 11:40 AM PT
Lesson 7 - 1:00 PM - 2:40 PM PT
Lesson 8 - 3 PM - 4:40 PM PT
WEDNESDAY (Pacific and Eastern Time)
Lesson 1 - 8 AM - 9:40 AM ET
Lesson 2 - 10 AM - 11:40 AM ET
Lesson 3 - 1:00 PM - 2:40 PM ET
Lesson 4 - 3 PM - 4:40 PM ET
THURSDAY (Pacific and Eastern Time)
Lesson 5 - 8 AM - 9:40 AM ET
Lesson 6 - 10 AM - 11:40 AM ET
Lesson 7 - 1:00 PM - 2:40 PM ET
Lesson 8 - 3 PM - 4:40 PM ET
Course Material: Before you begin your scheduled sessions, you will want to download the course material within your course learning path.
Refund Policy: Refunds will be granted only if requested at least ten days before the webinar begins; 10% of the fee will be withheld from all refunds. Cancellations within 10 business days of the conference date can only be credited to your account for a future webinar date. No exceptions. Sorry, no recordings are permitted. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 1-800-384-1101. We reserve the right to change or alter dates and schedules.
Certified Public Accountants: CountingWorks, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
CountingWorks, Inc is an approved provider for IRS, NASBA QAS and CTEC, providing continuing education for CPAs, EAs, IRS, CRTPs.
Check out what our subscribers have to say about the Virtual Tax Update and Review Webinars:
"Excellent class, This will be my 12th year. Really appreciate the expertise of the speakers last year and the upcoming year." - Patricia Neu
"Tax updates covered was excellent. Thank you." - Karen Klimkosky Lee
"Since we have been doing virtual seminars, you guys are my favorite." - Arlene Adabzadeh