The Tax Professionals Blog — sec 199a

Rentals and Information Reporting

Posted by Lee Reams Sr., BSME, EA on

The Sec. 199A deduction has stirred up a lot of controversy in the tax preparation community related to whether landlords are subject to information reporting requirements, typically filing and issuing 1099-MISC forms for annual payments of $600 or more to unincorporated service providers such as plumbers, the pool guy, gardeners, etc. And unfortunately, the government has added substantially to that confusion.

Read more →