B216CPE - 2016 The Big Book of Taxes PDF With 24 Hours CPE
The Big Book of Taxes CPE course is all you need to prepare for tax season and take your practice to another level. This 900+ page course is one of the most comprehensive tax update & review textbooks available on the market today, covering major and recently-impacted areas of individual income tax law.
The course concentrates on areas that often trouble tax professionals and highlights the latest tax law changes, IRS regulations, court cases and rulings. This is the Federal and California version and includes California differences. Course options include a searchable PDF desktop version containing the entire text for easy access to hard-to-find-answers. Not to mention tax strategies throughout the text.
Learn everything you need to know for the 2017 filing season. The Big Book of Taxes is constantly updated and includes Revenue Rulings, Procedures, Announcements, court cases, code changes, provision extensions and sun-setting provisions. You get it all! Here is just a sampling of what’s included:
The entire text has been updated for the PATH Act of 2015 (extender bill).
- How to report income from short-term rentals through such online services as Airbnb, VRBO and HomeAway
- How to report income and expenses of Uber drivers
- Probably the best Obamacare available:
- How to compute the PTC and reconcile it with the APTC and compute additional credit or credit recapture.
- 1095-C filing requirements for applicable large employers (ALEs) and how to fill out the 1095-Cs.
- How the 1095-C affects the qualification for premium tax credit.
- How to use exemptions to get your client out of the uninsured penalty.
- Preparing for the IRS mortgage interest audit initiative.
- New retirement options with ABLE and myIRA accounts.
- Bonus depreciation phase-out
- New ruling for unmarried co-owners’ home mortgage limitations – potential for amended returns
- Charitable contribution for “use” of property
- Draconian PLR fee for retirement plan rollover issues
- Back door Roth IRAs
- New regulations for allocating qualified ROTH IRA distributions
- New basis consistency rules
- Hobby Losses
- Life estate - home gain exclusion & inherited basis
- Converting personal property to business property
- Increased taxpayer penalties
- Expanded Sec 179 qualified property
- Understanding the IRS’s ID theft protection services.
- IRS’ plan to delay refunds next tax season
- New earlier filing due dates - No longer business as usual:
- Partnerships & Corporations
- FBARs and new extension
- IRS’s new position associated with crowdfunding.
- New integrity, due diligence, and disallowance periods for Child Credit, Education Credit and EITC
- New more complicated due diligence Form 8867 and stiffer preparer penalties.
- Qualified longevity annuities
- Estate tax portability election
- Simplified capitalization & repair regulations for small businesses.
- Issues related to renting to a relative.
- Plus a myriad of other changes and a review of the critical issues for 2016.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, the student will be ready to prepare individual 2016 tax returns. The course will fine-tune the skills of practitioners who wish to provide their clients with superior preparation and planning services. A must course for serious practitioners.
CPE Hours: Federal Tax Update = 24 CPE Credit / Total = 24 CPE Credit
Accreditation: CTEC, IRS, Enrolled Agents, NASBA-QAS CPAs
Field of Study: Federal Tax Update
Publication Date: 10/11/2016
Instructional Delivery Method: Self-Study
Advanced Preparation: No Advanced Preparation Required
Author: Lee Reams, Sr.
Course Material: A copy of the course material is available for download under the Additional References tab.
Refund Policy: Your complete satisfaction is our #1 priority. At ClientWhys, we do whatever it takes to make sure your expectations are met on every order we complete. We back all of our products with a 30-day no-hassle money back guarantee. For information regarding refunds, complaints and program cancellation policies, please contact our Customer Service Department at (800) 442-2477 Ext 1.
Certified Public Accountants: ClientWhys is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.learningmarket.org.
ClientWhys, Inc. is an approved provider for IRS, NASBA QAS, CTEC, CFP Board and the Oregon Tax Preparer Board providing continuing education for CPAs, EAs, IRS, CRTPs.
Registration: Sign-up online by clicking add to cart above or by phone at 800-442-2477 x1